The CNC Machinist (Experienced) programs, sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and CNC machining centers to fabricate high precision metallic and nonmetallic parts.
Must be able to work 1st Shift (7:00am – 3:30pm) and 2nd Shift (3:30pm – 11:30pm)
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Efficiently set-up & operate CNC machines centers to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts in a fast-paced production environment
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as CNC Mils, CNC Lathes, and CNC Grinders.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
- Perform major editing of Complex CNC programs
- Efficiently program and machine Complex–High Precision Parts using CNC Machines
- Thoroughly measure and inspect parts per engineering specifications, drawings or written instructions
- Efficiently load material and parts for un-attended machining
- Effectively set-up additional machines to be run unattended
- Design & manufacture advanced & complicated fixturing
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand engineering blue prints, work instructions, control plans, and other production documentation
- Must be able to write detailed set-up instructions, reports, and speak effectively with employees.
- Knowledge of speeds and feeds for machining all types of materials.
- Skilled in the use of micrometers, calipers, electronic indicators and other measurement equipment
- Ability to apply the concepts of math: basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Knowledge of metric conversion; able to work in both Metric and English units
- Advanced knowledge of Geometric & Dimensional Tolerancing and efficiency in Finishing Techniques
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner to meet production goals and minimize scrap
- Technical school or apprenticeship program in Machine Shop technology
- Or ten or more years related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- $3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus payable in two installments: the first half paid after 90 days and the second half paid after 6 months.
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Program
- 401(k) Program
- Health Insurance
- Company Paid Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
What You’ll Love About Us
Here at Kiski Precision we have built our business around providing the ultimate customer experience. The sense of accomplishment that comes from knowing our customers are satisfied is our key motivation and what drives our success and keeps our customers coming back. The secret to that model is our employees, and we pride ourselves in our vast collection of knowledge and application expertise on our team. Our people and our dedication to customer service are what have enabled our achievements and we strive to share that success back with our employees. Through tools like our profit-sharing program and our health benefit plans, we are focused on rewarding results and ensuring employee well-being. As we look to the future our commitment to top-notch talent remains paramount. If you’re interested in joining our growing team, apply today!
Job Type: Full-time