The Sales Engineer interacts directly with customers and serves as a liaison between customers and AKI operations. The Sales Engineer performs all sales duties as described below.
- Prospecting for new customers through designed business development process
- Expanding opportunities and sales at existing customer base, and introducing new service offerings
- Conducting face to face selling visits with customers
- Supporting customers in pre-sales consultation relevant to industrial services (machining, welding/fabrication, assembly, etc), and working through project requirements
- Maintaining CRM including- Recording call logs and customer activity, managing customer follow ups, managing sales pipeline.
- Completion of lead follow-up and quote follow-up in a timely manner
- Working with the quote team to ensure customers’ requirements/expectations are properly captured in the proposal, and supporting quotation process and delivery of quotations.
- Developing and maintaining effective and efficient sales plan and time management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or other technical discipline from an accredited college or university,
- Two to five years of relevant experience, including:
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical blueprints
- Fundamental understanding of machining, welding and mechanical assembly.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered