The employee performs operations on surface grinding machinery that allows for close tolerance fits and finishes or supports our general manufacturing needs.
7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday- Friday; additional hours as needed.
● Removes material from steel or carbide to achieve the desired fits and finishes.
● Identifies critical surfaces from engineering blueprints and finish to suit.
● Keep machines and work areas clean
● Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Knowledge and respect of shop safety
● Read blue prints.
● Read and use measuring tools, scale, micrometers, dial calipers, dial indicators, optical comparator, gage blocks.
● Use a squaring up block, Vinco, Harig, Sine Chuck, Sine Bar, Sine Plate, dressing diamonds and friction dresser.
● Understand grits of grinding wheels, their applications and appropriate spindle speeds
● Understand the different types of tool steels and carbide grades.
● To apply the concepts of math: basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
● Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
● Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner to meet production goals and minimize scrap.
● High School Diploma or GED
● Six to Ten or more years of related experience and/or training
● Or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
● Competitive Pay
● Profit Sharing Program
● 401(k) Program
● Health Insurance
● Company Paid Disability & Life Insurance
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with the organization and does not create a contract of employment
What You’ll Love About Us
Here at Kiski Precision we have built our business around providing the ultimate customer experience. The sense of accomplishment that comes from knowing our customers are satisfied is our key motivation and what drives our success and keeps our customers coming back. The secret to that model is our employees, and we pride ourselves in our vast collection of knowledge and application expertise on our team. Our people and our dedication to customer service are what have enabled our achievements and we strive to share that success back with our employees. Through tools like our profit-sharing program and our health benefit plans, we are focused on rewarding results and ensuring employee well-being. As we look to the future our commitment to top-notch talent remains paramount. If you’re interested in joining our growing team, apply today!