The Welder has primary responsibility of performing (GTAW) TIG (GMAW) MIG (SMAW) STICK welding on various materials as needed. Being able to build from a blueprint meeting all required specs and symbols.
- Study blueprints, drawings, and all related weld symbols to determine the proper sequence of welding resulting in a quality weldment made per print.
- Efficiently prep, bench any areas needed to perform weld procedure correctly
- Know your gasses and have ability to select and change tanks as needed
- Know your wire grades and change as needed per job requirements
- Responsible for identifying and moving finished products to the next proper location
- Performs first piece inspections as well as all subsequent inspections as required by KPI standards.
- Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required
- Perform simple maintenance as required
- May be required to back up other areas of the plan
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prefer at least 10 years experience working with mig and tig welding
- Position requires good mathematical ability
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to operate precision measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, protractors, and tape measures
- Two-year certificate from college or technical school or apprenticeship program in Welding technology
- Or five or more years related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Program
- 401(k) Program
- Health Insurance
- Company Paid Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Financial & Retirement Planning Resources
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Work is generally performed in a production environment
- Required to stand, walk, and sit
- Will be required to work with other employees frequently
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with the organization and does not create a contract of employment.
What You’ll Love About Us
Here at Kiski Precision we have built our business around providing the ultimate customer experience. The sense of accomplishment that comes from knowing our customers are satisfied is our key motivation and what drives our success and keeps our customers coming back. The secret to that model is our employees, and we pride ourselves in our vast collection of knowledge and application expertise on our team. Our people and our dedication to customer service are what have enabled our achievements and we strive to share that success back with our employees. Through tools like our profit-sharing program and our health benefit plans, we are focused on rewarding results and ensuring employee well-being. As we look to the future our commitment to top-notch talent remains paramount. If you’re interested in joining our growing team, apply today!
Job Type: Full-Time